AdviceRobo is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. Our mission is to increase financial inclusion for consumers and SME’s. We apply psychographics, behavioural science and machine learning to develop credit scoring that predict credit risks at a granular level.
To get there, we combine the best of a small team and a scale up company (quick, fast iteration, high trust and ownership) with a highly professional team with engaging experience and proven track record. Based in Amsterdam, London and Paris, we work for international customers. This vacancy is an extension for our Amsterdam office.
Do you want to change the way people are being serviced by financial institutions fundamentally? Do you have talents and skills to reinforce our team significantly? Well, come and join us!
Who we are
Our tech team is one of the key pieces empowering the engine of AdviceRobo, providing imaginative and never-seen-before solutions. Both in the technical and the psychosocial fields, we are adventurous and place our bets on imagination. If you are skilled with tech, believe in people and want to make a difference, join the wave.
What we offer to you
A job position as part of the data science team on a promising startup (with all the pros and cons it implies), with a salary (we all have a salary) and a wonderful working atmosphere (except when we run out of coffee). You can choose between working with us in our Amsterdam office or working at home if you are not living in The Netherlands.
What we need from you, as professional
Mainly, you like the challenges, you are creative, professional, capacity for working alone and in a team, open minded and like to have a life out of the office.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Data Scientist with experience in machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence techniques who thrives in a fast-paced, heavily collaborative and iterative environment. You will join our data scientist team, that is responsible for building and delivering our scoring models across the world.
You are passionate about machine learning methods and artificial intelligence. You understand how to integrate multiple systems and data sets. You are able to link and mash up distinctive data sets to discover new insights.
Before, during and after developing our models and managing of projects, you meticulously ensure that the wishes of our clients and end-users are kept in mind and challenge the team when you feel this is not the case. You are aware of all significant developments in the latest analyst space (e.g., data- and text mining, web analytics), and are capable of quickly mastering new approaches.
- Develop and deliver predictive credit scoring models using machine learning techniques
- Delivery of accurate, robust and compliant solutions
- Develop hypotheses and models based on scientific evidence, consumer behavior, research, external data sources, etc.
- Propose new projects & approaches
- Explore what happens in your profession worldwide and bring in new ideas
- Work in close collaboration with developers and do some programming yourself from time to time
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a data scientist
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. is required
- Proven experience with building, delivering and assessing quality of machine learning models, preferably in Python
- Experience in working with Microsoft Azure ML is a bonus
- Experience with statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling
- Knowledge of hypothesis testing: being able to develop a hypothesis and test it by experimentation
- Knowledge of credit scoring and financial sector (also in terms of legislation) is preferred
- Ability to present complex data insights in terms that are understandable by business stakeholders
- Good spoken and written English, preferably also in Dutch
- Good understanding of software design
What we expect from every team member
- Passionate: being best for the job and improving yourself all the time
- Sharp-witted: you have a passion for correct data and structures
- Innovative: you always keep an eye on new developments and never accept the status quo
- Open: you are open and honest about your work and in your contacts with colleagues, suppliers and customers alike
00 31 6 52 636 131